Kick back, cast a line, and enjoy nature while fishing - from our designated spots on shore, from your boat out in the water, or from a pier at a variety of our lakes and ponds.

Fishing licenses are required for ages 16 and older and all ODNR regulations apply.  Bait is available for purchase at the Sippo Lake and Walborn Reservoir marinas.

Ice Access:
Ice is never considered safe to walk on. Ice skating, ice fishing, and walking on ice for any reason is strictly at your own risk.

Two boys fishing at Cook's Lagoon Bridge

2023 Kids Fishing Derby Circuit

Kids Fishing Derby with fishing bobbers in between words

Kids (Ages 4-15) can join the 2023 derby circuit.  Sponsored by Stark County Federation of Conservation Clubs, Berkley Fishing Team, and Stark Parks.  Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. with fishing from 8 to 11 a.m.

Attendance at each derby will earn one entry into a drawing to win a cash prize from the Berkley Fishing Team. Drawing held in August after the final derby.  One free fishing pole will be given to each child participating in a derby throughout the circuit by the Stark County Federation of Conservation Clubs while supplies last.

Jack Cullen Towpath Trail Trout Derby
Sat., April 29, 8 a.m.
St. Helena Heritage Park, Canal Fulton

Richard Fry Memorial Catfish Derby
Sat., May 13, 8 a.m.
Petros Lake Park

"Pep" Tamargo Memorial Derby
Sat., May 27, 8 a.m.
Sippo Lake Park-Marina
**Pre-registration required.  Lunch, trophies, and prizes provided by the Berkley Fishing Team.

Cook's Lagoon Derby (Ages 4 to 15 and Seniors)
Sat., June 10, 8 a.m.
Cook's Lagoon

Sandy & Beaver Canal Derby
Sat., Aug. 12, 8 a.m.
Magnolia Mill Pond

Bass Boat Tournaments

Two bass boat fishing tournaments open to the public will happen at Walborn Reservoir in 2023.
Find out more information.

Ranger Bass Tournament
May 6, 2023, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Enjoy time on the water at Walborn Reservoir at this bass boat tournament. 30 boat limit at $60 boat (individual or partnered).  Five (5) bass limit: largemouth or smallmouth. All state and local laws apply.  Register for the tournament.

Open Bass Tournament
June 17, 2023
Open to the public bass boat tournament. $60/boat (cash only). 75% payout. Will pay out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Remaining 25% goes to the Stark Parks Ranger Explorer Program.  Registration begins at 6 a.m. with fishing from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Walborn Reservoir.  No pre-registration required.

More Fishing Derbies

Night Fishing Derby
July 14, 5 to 10 p.m. at Sippo Lake Marina
Open to all ages.  $5 entry fee with cash prizes awarded.  Must be present at 10 p.m. to claim.  Registration begins at 5 p.m. on site with fishing at 6 p.m.

Catfish with Cops
July 29, 5 to 11 p.m. at Walborn Marina
This event promotes positive interactions between law enforcement and citizens while enjoying the sport of fishing. The event will be a catfish contest only. Only shoreline fishing Walborn Reservoir will be permitted.  $5 (cash only) per person that will go toward the Stark County Park District Youth Ranger Explorer Program. Registration begins at 5 p.m.  Fishing starts at 6 p.m.  All catfish must be checked in by 11 p.m. to be counted. Prizes will be awarded directly after.

Bob Meister Special Needs Derby
Sept. 9, 9 a.m. to Noon at Sippo Lake Marina
Exclusively for individuals with special needs.  Walkways and parking lots are accessible along with the fishing pier and shoreline of the lake. Following the derby, prizes will be awarded, and a lunch will be provided. Advance registration is required.  Sponsored by Stark Parks and the Berkley Fishing Team.